SDCXTRA RADIO

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Layla Kilolu and Mango Dreamers


Layla Kilolu and Mango Dreamers

It seems like forever since I wrote to you! Life has been amazing this past year. I finished my full-length album (actually two EPs rolled into one) which you can download track-by-track for free here.

After I finished the album, I started a new band called Mango Dreamers in July of this year. Since then, we have been on fire! We finished our full-length album in three months, placed a song in an indie film, we were interviewed by David Fishof on the famous radio show, Business Rockstars, went on a Northern California tour through Sacramento, Oakland, and San Francisco, and have been really blessed to have some great gigs around Los Angeles, like at the Rosenthal Wine Tasting Room in Malibu.

Our music is very different from my dark electronic pop sound. Mango Dreamers is very lounge-y, very dreamy, very tropical-esque. Some have likened our sound to Astrud Gilberto, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Morcheeba. You can hear some of our music here.

For those in Los Angeles, we'd like to invite you to our official album release party at the Witzend in Venice Beach on Saturday, November 23 at 10pm. For more info and to RSVP, please visit our Facebook event page.

I trust that life is going well for you! Please write back and tell me how you're doing! I'm also still giving out free love advice. Just counseled a friend today who is madly in love with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment